Microdermabrasion is an excellent option for our clients who want to improve the appearance of their skin without the hassle and risk of major after effects.
Some of the benefits of microdermabrasion include:
- Quick – up to 40 minutes per session
- A painless and gentle procedure
- Safe and non-invasive
- No recovery time required
- Possible side effects are minor
Microdermabrasion is a clinical and highly effective way to exfoliate and clean the skin. Using specialist microhyrdabrasion equipment, our clinic technicians gently remove deep rooted dirt within pores and exfoliates the surface of the skin.
Since this is a relatively quick and painless method of skin treatment, the risk of serious after effects is minimised
Like to talk to someone in person? Contact us and book in your free consultation today.
After Effects of Microdermabrasion
Following treatment, your skin may appear slightly red depending on how sensitive your skin is. This redness is not irritation, rather it is increased circulation to the surface of the skin and is a natural response to this kind of treatment.
In most cases this redness will fade and disappear over the course of the day, usually within a few hours. In some cases, it can last a bit longer, but rarely longer than two days.
By following the post-treatment recommendations, you will ensure that your skin returns to its normal condition as quickly as possible.
Minimising the After Effects of Microdermabrasion
Like most clinical procedures, the first step in preventing side effects starts well before treatment begins. After treatment, a short period of protecting the sensitive new skin will eliminate the chance of minor complications.
These steps are straight forward and hassle-free – no need to drastically change your life to get good skin!
- Stay out of the sun and solariums for at least two to four weeks before your treatment.
- Use sunscreen (SPF30+), to avoid accidental sun exposure during daily activities.
- Do not use self-tan/spray for one to two weeks before your treatment.
- Do not wax, pluck or bleach at least two to four weeks before and during your treatment.
- Do not use Retin-A for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use Roaccutane for six months prior to treatment.
- Please shave the treatment area ONE day prior to your appointment.
- Apply ASAP Soothing Gel to the treated body area twice per day for three days.
- Until any redness has completely subsided, avoid performing activities that cause excessive perspiration.
- Avoid swimming pools and spas treated with chemicals or chlorine until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- Avoid very hot showers until the skin returns to its normal condition. Wash the treated area gently with mild, unscented soap and pat dry.
- In the unusual case of crusting or swelling, apply ASAP Soothing Aloe Gel and contact us immediately.
Microdermabrasion is a skin treatment procedure with little potential for serious after effects.
After treatment, some patients’ skin may appear slightly red or flushed, which is a common for sensitive skin. This usually fades within a few hours and the application of soothing cream during post-treatment will ensure that no effects will last beyond two days.
The minor potential for serious after effects allows you to get back to living your life – and looking great whilst doing it!
Questions? Give as a call and talk to a skin treatment specialist about your options.